So last month’s poll was interesting. The majority of people (77%) said that gender shouldn’t be required for TSA while 23% said it should. Rather interesting and I’m curious as to those people who felt it should as to why it should. As someone who’s spent a better part of his computer career learning how to break into systems as well as how to protect them, identifiers like gender really aren’t really true security mechanisms (more like security through obscurity) and could cause more challenges than not. Perhaps, for some, it creates a sense of security but for others it opens up a bunch of wounds about past realities. It also opens up the possibility for someone to be unfairly discriminated against. Not all TSA members would do this and I’d bet that the majority are honest but all it takes is one. I’ve been pretty lucky thus far not to have to face this or address this — yet. Anyways, more to ponder on this one.
I was watching Kathy Griffin the other night on My Life on the D-List and was interested in the bucket list she had her mom do. It comes from the movie The Bucket List and the idea is that you create a list of the things you want to do before you…erhm.. kick the bucket. So I thought I’d create my own but was curious if others have one and, if they are inclined, what do they have on it?
My bucket list:
1. Get top surgery
2. Get hysto
3. Get Master’s Degree in Computer Forensics or Virtualization (if it exists)
4. Learn how to program in C.
5. Become a dad
6. Get my own puppy
7. Bike across Canada
8. Bike across the USA
9. Bike somewhere in Europe, Africa and Asia (once in each continent)
10. Become debt free (HA!)
11. Buy a house
12. Get my driver’s license
13. Get my motorcycle license
14. Build my cigar man-cave (see item 11. first)
15. Go to France to see ancestral home/village
16. Buy a car (ideally a mustang, Challenge, Dart or something like that — earlier versions would be fun to work on)
17. Get Green Card and eventually US Citizenship
18. Write a book
19. Publish a book
20. Be happy (oh, wait.. I am doing that last one 😉 )
20 Reduce: see Kathy Griffin live. 🙂