Apparently Dolphygyrl forgot that I did the Honestly meme earlier this year. That or she wants to know more of my deep, dark secrets. Well, I’ll do it again because she flattered me so much to do so. For those unaware, the Honestly meme has the following rules.
1. Present this award to 7 other bloggers (a variety of reasons are listed, but I like going to honest blogger route).
2. Share 10 honest things about myself.
I don’t know if I’ll do the 7 bloggers (whoever wants to, go for it) but I will do the 10 honest things. So, let’s see here.
1. Last year, I did my biography (or is that autobiography?) but won’t publish it yet, if ever. This year I’m writing a fantasy novel. That may be published if I can ever finish it (I tend to start things well but sometimes get distracted by… ohhh.. shiny things!).
2. I am a pack rat. I tend to keep things because I figure I can use them, will recycle them, eventually read them (or read them again) or use them for some project idea I had just come up with.. oh look.. shiney things!
3. I a tech geek. I love all things that relate to computers but love a good paperback book even more. Reading is an avenue to freedom for me.
4. I love teaching online since my commute is a short one (my only pause is to talk to Bobcat for a bit)
5. And my widening butt loves it even more when I teach online. To help fight this, I’ve taken to walking an hour a day, walking up 7 flights of stairs once or twice or both. I also have been doing weights and drinking more water.
6. This leads me to the fact that I’ve reached an all-time high for my weight. I know the cause: ME! Simply put, I still eat like I did when I used to bike 30-100 miles a day.
7. I’ve fallen off the vegan wagon hard. 🙁 I blame my aunt’s wedding where the smell of lobster caused my stomach to revolt and indulge. I said many prayers that day. Somewhere along that we both lost our direction and dedication towards veganism but haven’t given up hope yet. We’ll be having a vegan Thanksgiving this year (K doesn’t know since I ordered all the goodies behind her back).
8. A shocker to Canadians but I actually love living in the US. While there are some things that I wish I still had (Hello Universal, single payer health care), the variety and friendliness of Americans can’t be beat.
9. I dream of being a dad to a houseful of annoying and bratty kids. I have no illusions that it’d be hard, frustrating and challenging; I still want to do it. I have a bit of masochism in me.
10. I really, really still love that beautiful woman who comes home to me, even after 3 years together. And I still get shivers and goosebumps when she kisses me.
So there ya go. I am participating again in NaNoWriMo and I’m keeping the topic under wraps but if I’m write, I think it should be a pretty neat novel. I’m a bit behind in the writing (having started a day late) but I’m hoping to catch up some tonight and get a little bit farther than the minimum 1667 words per day I’d need to write to reach the magic 50,000 by November 30th. If you want to know more about NaNoWriMo, visit their website http://www.nanowrimo.org/