11. I used to be an ice hockey goalie (for 8 years) and had a GAA (Goals Against Average of about 1.35). I loved playing for the pure fun of it and sometimes miss it. It’d be too expensive and perhaps a little too painful — for my butt — to return.
12. I had a basset hound, named Blue Bayou, as a kid. We had her for about 3 years before we had to give her up. I miss having a dog as a regular part of the family.
13. I became vegetarian at age 36 and vegan at age 37. It was a fairly easy thing for me to do as meat never really was a huge thing for me, although fish is still something that I get an occassional craving for (I think that’s a heritage thing)
14. I am a “pure” Acadian by birth. Both my parents were/are decendents of Acadians and bilingual. Both are from New Brunswick and both can trace their families all the way back to France in the mid-1600s. I am proud of the Acadian heritage but still hate the compliance to slavery and racism that the families have historically done (I can’t escape that as a white guy)
15. I used to be a Michael Jackson fan in the worst way. I still like the music. His life? Eh. Janet, however, is far more interesting to watch.. grin
16. I was an ardent non-smoker until age 38.
17. I have 5 tattoos, designed them all and had Jacqueline at Yonge Street Tattoos do them. I have a dozen more ideas to do as tattoos still. Budget, however, limits that.
18. I have seriously tried suicide once and contemplated it throughout my life until I began transitioning.
19. I was baptized a Catholic, grew up ignoring God all my life and developed my own belief based around Buddhism/Agnostism and atheism. Spiritually, God or whatever you want to call it is found on two-wheels when lost in the middle of nowhere.
20. I believe that every family should have at least one dog and one cat. The dog teaches us how to enjoy life completely and love wholly; the cat reminds us the importance of ignoring things that don’t matter.
21. I had one “straight” relationship with a guy for nearly 12 years. While it should have ended around years 5-7 we tried, foolishly perhaps, to keep it going. Neither of us was wrong nor right. We just weren’t really good for each other.
22. I am rather apolitical these days, although I have been impressed with Obama in general (no one will satisfy all the wants and needs of all the people all the time)
23. I am an internet addict. I can always find something to do online.
24. I am a transguy. That means my body was born “female” and my soul, male. I am in the process of matching the body to the soul. I am very open about this and have no regrets about this decision either. If that bothers you, then that will be something you get to wrestle with. Have fun. 🙂
25. I have no regrets in life. I do feel bad about mistakes I have done that have hurt others but otherwise I am happy with where life is and where it is going.